What You Need:
- Soap base
- Colorant (or food coloring)
- Essential oils or fragrance oils
- Soap molds
- Glass bowl
- Plastic wrap
- Spray bottle of rubbing alcohol
- Put your soap base in a glass dish and cover it with plastic wrap. Microwave (on high) for one minute to one minute and fifteen seconds. Remove the dish from the microwave and stir in any hard pieces to melt them.
- If you add fragrance oils or essential oils, add it only after the base is fully melted. Mix the base and oils well so that the base doesn't get a cloudy appearance.
- Add colorant, but remember, a little goes a long way. Mix well and continue to add small amounts of colorant until you have reached your desired shade.
- Pour the finished base into your soap molds. Spray the top with rubbing alcohol to get rid of any bubbles.
- Let the soaps set for a few hours. When they are hardened, remove them from the molds and you should have some lovely, homemade soap.